Baby treated for smoke inhalation, 5 without a home after Richmond apartment fire

Richmond

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — An infant girl is being treated for smoke inhalation and five people are without a home after a fire erupted at a South Richmond apartment early Tuesday morning.

Battalion Chief Bailey Martin told 8News that crews were called to the fire around 6:45 a.m. at the apartment on Southwood Parkway. Martin says the fire started in the kitchen. 

According to Martin, everyone was able to make it out of the apartment safely. 

In addition to the apartment where the fire started, three other apartments were damaged from the smoke, Martin says. 

The fire was marked under control within 20 minutes of fire crews arriving on the scene. 

Stay with 8News for updates on this developing story. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

StormTracker 8

Trending Stories

More Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Local Events