RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Ukrop’s couldn’t contain its excitement when introducing the company’s new food truck on Instagram. The post on Tuesday started off with an attention grabber: “Big news RVA!!!”
Ukrop’s also set up a contest on Instagram for people to enter in order to win a free private party with food enough for 20 friends, according to the Ukrop’s website.
Locals, who follow @ukrops on Instagram, can enter the contest in two different ways:
- Go to @ukrop’s on Instagram and tag three people in the comments section of the latest food truck post
- Post your own photo with the Ukrop’s food truck using #ukropsfoodtruck at the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10K at the Aruther Ashe Center on April 11 (3 p.m. – 9 p.m.) or April 12 (11 a.m. – 9 p.m.) or the festival after the race on April 13 (9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
The contest will go on from April 10 until May 10.
The food truck will also be at Friday Cheers, Brown’s Island on May 3 (6 p.m. – 9 p.m.) and the Richmond Kickers game at City Field on June 1 ( 6 p.m.- 9 p.m.).
The 2019 spring and summer menu for the food truck — found below — features Ukrop’s classics that are “elevated with unique ingredients.”
Slidinis – grilled White House Roll sliders ($3 each)
- Meatloaf & Triple Mac: Ukrop’s Homestyle Meatloaf, Ukrop’s Triple Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
- Chipotle Barbeque: Ukrop’s Pulled Pork Tomato Barbeque, pepper jack cheese, pickled red onions, chipotle mayo
- California Chicken: Ukrop’s Blackened Grilled Chicken, pepper jack cheese, fresh tomato, fresh avocado mayo
- London Broil Special: Ukrop’s London Broil, sharp cheddar cheese, Ukrop’s “Special Sauce”
- Caprese (Vegetarian): Fresh mozzarella, tomato, pesto
Sides ($2 each)
- Mrs. Marshall’s Potato Salad, Mrs. Marshall’s Garden Pasta Salad, Potato Chips
Desserts ($2 each)
- Individual Tarts (Chocolate Fudge, Lemon Chess), Bar Cake Slice, Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie (ask for a FREE Rainbow Cookie!)
Beverages ($2 each)
- Soda, Water
- Kids Grilled Cheese or Ukrop’s Chicken Salad on WHR (cold) available upon request