RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Diversity Richmond is hosting a second drive-thru food distribution aimed at helping 500 Latino families experiencing food insecurity because of COVID-19.
The distribution will take place on October 3rd from 9-11 a.m. at Diversity Richmond located at 1407 Sherwood Avenue.
Feed More is donating 8,000 pounds of fresh produce, 1,500 pounds of frozen chicken, hams and care meals. There will also be 200 student backpacks filled with snacks.
Diaz foods will be donating Latino and Hispanic products such as rice, black beans, tortillas, eggs and tomato sauces. A local non-profit, Silva’s Sisters will be donating 500 women’s hygienic products as well.
Food will be distributed first-come, first-serve while supplies last. All you have to do is drive up and open your trunk when it’s your turn in line.
- 4 charged following unrest in Richmond Tuesday night
- Online purchase scams spike during the pandemic, according to new BBB report
- Big tech CEOs grilled in Senate hearing
- Hanover school district says 9K Chromebooks have arrived
- StormTracker 8: Weather Aware on Thursday for the remains of Zeta