RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — With the Richmond Folk Festival set to take place this weekend, both out-of-town and local revelers alike will be flocking to Brown’s Island for the riverfront festivities. But those planning to drive themselves may want to check out the map below for street closures and no parking zones to lower day-of stress.
If you’re looking for a different mode of transportation, the Folk Festival offers a few suggestions:
- Catching a free ride on a GRTC bus. Routes 3A, 3B and 3C operate roughly every 30 minutes, while route 87 runs every hour. Riders can hop off at the stop at Belvidere and Holly, or Belvidere and War Memorial by the river.
- Festivalgoers are also welcome to utilize rideshare services. The suggested easiest place for drop-off and pick-up is located at 690 Byrd Street.
- Off-site parking is available at Dogwood Dell on Saturday and Sunday only. There will be a bus running every 30 minutes for $5 per person (card only). The bus will drop off at Spring Street.
- Saturday, Oct 14: 11:45 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct 15: 11:45 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Road Closures and No Parking Zones
- Tredegar Street between South 7th Street and Belle Isle lot
- South 10th Street between Haxall Point and Federal Reserve Bank
- Spring Street between South 2nd and Belvidere streets
- East Byrd Street between South 2nd and South 7th streets
- South 2nd Street between Lee Bridge off-ramp and East Byrd Street
- South 3rd Street between East Canal and East Byrd streets
- South 4th Street between East Canal and East Byrd streets
- South 5th Street between East Canal and Tredegar streets