RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond Police have identified the victim in Saturday night’s Whitcomb Court triple shooting as a 20-year-old woman from Ashland, Va.
Police said they responded to a report of random gunfire and a person shot at 10:32 p.m. on the 2000 block of Sussex Street. When they arrived, officers said they saw a car on the side of the road with damage from gunfire.
They located Makayla A. Gregory, 20, and another woman near the car. Both looked like they had been shot.
While the two women were transported to the hospital Gregory died from her injuries.
Police have arrested Justin J. Diggs, 24, in connection with this homicide. He has been charged with aggravated malicious wounding, attempted robbery and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Diggs also sustained a non-life threatening gunshot wound during the crime.
RPD said this is an ongoing investigation and anyone with information is asked to call Detective J. Higgins at 804-646-7570, or Crime Stoppers at 804-780-1000.
- Narrow escape, lifesaving phone call: Oregon woman recalls fire
- At town hall, Biden blasts Trump’s ‘criminal’ virus response
- Sports photographer’s Big Ten Zoom spoof goes viral
- StormTracker 8: Slow clearing skies with breezy conditions
- Missouri soldier surprises his kids with early homecoming