House on Carolina Avenue in Richmond damaged in electrical fire

Richmond

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Crews with the Richmond Fire Department responded to 3504 Carolina Avenue Monday to investigate smoke coming from a home.

RFD got to the house just before 2 p.m. They were met with heavy smoke coming from the top floor and attic.

Numerous firefighters were at the scene working to control the fire. It was marked under control at 2:33 p.m, about 30 minutes after firefighters responded to the home.

RFD investigators have determined this was a result of an electrical fire.

No one was inside of the house at the time of the fire. The Virginia Red Cross is assisting two adults who were forced out of their home.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

StormTracker 8

Trending Stories

More Trending Stories

Local Events