RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The crowd is picking up momentum in Richmond for the second night of protests surrounding the death of George Floyd.
Last night, peaceful protests turned into riots that left many parts of the city vandalized.
Hundreds began to march along Broad & Belvidere holding signs and chanting on Saturday evening.
Police sources tell 8News that the Wells Fargo on East Broad near Richmond Police Headquarters has been broken into.
Boost mobile on West Broad Street has reportedly had its windows smashed as well.
Reports of multiple fires have come in throughout the city.
At around 11:30 p.m. reports of a dumpster fire are developing at Brandt and Rhoads Hall at VCU.
- Social media influencer charged in 2016 voter suppression scheme
- San Francisco votes to remove Washington, Lincoln from school names
- ‘Farewell for now’: Olympia beer pausing production after 125 years
- The ‘Wolf Moon’ will rise in the sky this week – here’s how you can best view it
- Hobby Lobby to end 40% off coupon at the end of February