RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The crowd is picking up momentum in Richmond for the second night of protests surrounding the death of George Floyd.
Last night, peaceful protests turned into riots that left many parts of the city vandalized.
Hundreds began to march along Broad & Belvidere holding signs and chanting on Saturday evening.
Police sources tell 8News that the Wells Fargo on East Broad near Richmond Police Headquarters has been broken into.
Boost mobile on West Broad Street has reportedly had its windows smashed as well.
Reports of multiple fires have come in throughout the city.
At around 11:30 p.m. reports of a dumpster fire are developing at Brandt and Rhoads Hall at VCU.
- Five things to know about NASA’s mission to hit an asteroid
- Tombstone offering chance to win free pizza to people who live on Elm Street
- ‘Oh no, you didn’t!’: Friend of Virginia Lottery jackpot winner couldn’t believe it
- 3-year-old pushed into Lake Michigan has died, family source says
- I-95 reduced to one lane after multi-vehicle crash in Colonial Heights