RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The crowd is picking up momentum in Richmond for the second night of protests surrounding the death of George Floyd.
Last night, peaceful protests turned into riots that left many parts of the city vandalized.
Hundreds began to march along Broad & Belvidere holding signs and chanting on Saturday evening.
Police sources tell 8News that the Wells Fargo on East Broad near Richmond Police Headquarters has been broken into.
Boost mobile on West Broad Street has reportedly had its windows smashed as well.
Reports of multiple fires have come in throughout the city.
At around 11:30 p.m. reports of a dumpster fire are developing at Brandt and Rhoads Hall at VCU.
- Police: 51-year-old man drowns in Lake Anna
- StormTracker 8: Clouds linger overnight
- Sculpture in Rocketts Landing knocked over after being backed into by a vehicle
- Widow condemns “barbaric” death of driver beaten over masks
- Florida man accused of setting Catholic church on fire