RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A spokesperson for Richmond Public Schools told 8News school was canceled Tuesday at George Mason Elementary School.
The lack of heat and water caused the school to cancel classes, Communications Specialist for RPS Danielle Pierce said.
The school system notified parents early this morning before classes started. Pierce said a pipe in the heating system at the school failed and crews are working to fix.
According to RPS, classes should resume Wednesday.
- Stafford Mom Who Took Off With Her Children Pleads Guilty
- Coronavirus update: Virginia’s COVID-19 cases rise by 902
- Watch: Big Game Bound Week 3: Mahomes and Chiefs vs. Jackson and Ravens
- ‘Beloved GRTC bus Operator’ passes away from COVID-19
- StormTracker 8: Cloudy today; Rainy Friday