RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Richmond and Henrico Health District has revoked permits from seven Richmond restaurants for not following COVID-19 regulations.
- City Beach, 2415 West Cary Street
- Daddy Rabbit’s, 3206 E Broad Rock Road
- La Caverna, 5310 Hull Street Road
- Good Tymes, 2030 Chamberlayne Ave
- Main Stage, 112 N 5th Street
- Siné Irish Pub, 1327 E Cary Street
- Escapate, 5735 Hull Street Road
Daddy Rabbits was the first restaurant to have their permit revoked. The health department told 8News that they suspended Daddy Rabbits’ permit for failure to observe social distancing, the use of congregation areas, and employees failure to wear face coverings while in customer-facing areas.
City Beach, La Caverna, Good Tymes, Main Stage and Escapate had their permits suspended for similar infractions on Northam’s Executive Order 67.
On Friday, the health department said they suspended Siné Irish Pub’s permit.
The health department said they took away permits due to an immediate and acute public health threat.
Restaurant owners and operators can request an informal conference with the health department to see what steps are necessary for a permit to be reinstated.