RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A man is dead following a shooting in Richmond’s east end, according to police. A homicide investigation is underway.
According to police, officers responded to a report of a shooting in an apartment complex in the 1300 block of Coalter Street around 7:30 p.m. Officers arrived and found an adult male suffering from an apparent gunshot wound. He was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries and died shortly thereafter.
A woman was also self-transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- What COVID-era travel changes are likely here to stay?
- Advocacy group hosts Mother’s Day brunch for Virginia moms fighting to overturn sons’ conviction
- Firefighters to go door to door following fatal fire
- Virginia Republican delegates cast their vote for state’s top candidates
- TSA screens 1.7 million travelers in a single day, highest number since beginning of coronavirus pandemic