RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Miss America 2020 Camille Schrier returned to VCU Wednesday.
The newly crowned VCU student visited patients at the Children’s Hospital of Richmond. Schrier discussed medication safety and also spoke about her initiative ‘Mind Your Meds: Drug Safety and Abuse Prevention from Pediatrics to Geriatrics’ while on campus.
While visiting the children’s hospital, Schrier met with one of her biggest fans Andy Otey. Otey, who has gone through 22 rounds of chemotherapy, told Schrier she wants to be a doctor.
“My mom is a nurse by background and to hear a young girl like Andy who has been surrounded by doctors her entire life, to know that those doctors have made a positive enough impact on them that she’s not afraid of that, she’s not afraid of those doctors, she wants to be them,” Schrier told 8News.
- Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded in Connecticut
- StormTracker 8: Muggy tonight, hot and humid Sunday
- Kanye West says he’s running for president, Elon Musk supports
- Fourth of July festivities bring a chance to ‘enjoy the summer’ amid COVID-19 concerns
- Garage camera catches bear digging through trash bin in Chesterfield driveway