RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A woman has been charged in a fatal crash that killed a motorcyclist Sunday.
Richmond police responded to the 4700 block of Jefferson Davis Highway for reports of a crash in the area.
Once on scene, officers found an adult male motorcyclist, later identified as 25-year-old Tony T. Bredsoe, suffering from traumatic injuries. First responders attempted to save to him but Bredsoe died at the scene, police said.
According to authorities, Bredsoe was traveling north when he struck the rear of a pickup truck that was trying to make a U-turn on Jefferson Davis Highway near Calverton Street.
The driver of the truck, identified as Dinora D. Franco De Ramos, stayed at the scene, police said. Franco De Ramos, 24, has been charged with failure to yield the right-of-way and not having a license.
Anyone with information about this crash is asked to call RPD Crash Team Investigator R. Rose at (804) 646-1665 or contact Crime Stoppers at 780-1000 or at www.7801000.com. Both Crime Stoppers methods are anonymous.
- Henrico one step closer to GreenCity development following vote to turn over land to EDA
- Duke hangs on to beat Georgia Tech, ending 3-game skid
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- VDH to begin sending text alerts for positive COVID-19 test results
- Houses passes bill expanding retirement saving opportunities for private employees