RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A 21-year-old VCU student was killed early Friday morning after crashing his vehicle into a GRTC Pulse bus stop in Richmond, police said.
Officers responded to the crash at approximately 12:40 a.m. in the 2200 block of Broad Street. They determined the driver was ejected after crashing their vehicle into the Pulse bus stop protection poles.
The driver, who has been identified as Leo Rocha-Miranda, of Springfield, was taken to VCU Medical Center with life-threatening injuries where he later died.
The student advisor for VCU’s Delta Chi chapter said Rocha-Miranda joined the fraternity in the fall. Shocked members of the fraternity did not wish to speak on their friend’s death Friday.
The crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call Crash Team Investigator J. Ozolins at (804) 646-8671.
- College pole vaulter’s gut-wrenching groin injury video goes viral
- Ex-boyfriend of missing girl’s mother says he never saw the child; AMBER Alert still active
- Hidden History: Exhibits of Inspiration
- Alfred Street Baptist Church traces its historic roots to 1803
- 2020 Track Laps for Charity: Drive around Richmond Raceway for a great cause