RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A 21-year-old VCU student was killed early Friday morning after crashing his vehicle into a GRTC Pulse bus stop in Richmond, police said.
Officers responded to the crash at approximately 12:40 a.m. in the 2200 block of Broad Street. They determined the driver was ejected after crashing their vehicle into the Pulse bus stop protection poles.
The driver, who has been identified as Leo Rocha-Miranda, of Springfield, was taken to VCU Medical Center with life-threatening injuries where he later died.
The student advisor for VCU’s Delta Chi chapter said Rocha-Miranda joined the fraternity in the fall. Shocked members of the fraternity did not wish to speak on their friend’s death Friday.
The crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call Crash Team Investigator J. Ozolins at (804) 646-8671.
- One hospitalized after rollover crash on Route 288 near Huguenot Trail
- Stimulus check update: Democrats prepare $2.4T virus relief measure
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- Washington Huddle week 3 with Bruce Rader and Scott Jackson
- Richmond’s eviction problem and what’s being done about it