RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond Police Department has determined the identity of the man found shot on the steps of a residence on Concord Avenue on Saturday.
The victim was Allen Frazier, a man in his 50s.
Richmond police officers had responded to the scene at 10:43 a.m. for reports of a person down. They located Frazier suffering from a gunshot wound and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police ask anyone with information to call Major Crimes Detective G. Russell at (804) 646-7715 or Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- The Richmond Police Department said they made an arrest in connection to a commercial burglary based on surveillance video last week.
- Family upset after decision not to charge VB officer who fatally shot Donovon Lynch, continues push for federal probeDonovon Lynch's family said they were disappointed but not surprised with a special grand jury's findings not to charge the Virginia Beach police officer that fatally shot Lynch back in March as they continue to push for a federal investigation into his death.
- The mother of a U.S. Navy E-3 who was killed by her husband Saturday just before he took his own life says the couple had a history of domestic violence, but even those closest to her daughter had little indication.
- ALDIE, Va. (WDVM) — Fairfax County Police have arrested a 26-year-old man for multiple felonies related to the production and possession of child sexual abuse material on Wednesday. Ted Nasol, 26, of Aldie was arrested and charged with two counts of reproduction of child pornograph, use of a computer to solicit a minor and production […]
- A New Mexico police officer is accused of raping a drunk driving suspect while taking her to jail, and the alleged victim said she felt she had no choice, fearing he would add charges or worse.
- Dinwiddie County Sheriff's Office has been investigating a suspicious death after human remains were discovered in a wooded area in the 69000 block of Anderson Mill Road in the Church Road area of Dinwiddie County.
- Police tell 8News nobody was shot or injured in the incident. Officers responded to a shots fired call around 10:30 a.m. Thursday morning.
- The Richmond Police Department said one man is dead after a Thursday morning shooting near 3rd Avenue and Willow Street.
- Powhatan Crime Solvers are searching for a group of individuals who hijacked multiple construction vehicles and damaged landscaping at Tillman's Farms subdivision.
- Charges have been filed against a South Carolina gun shop owner who fatally shot a friend after mistaking a Glock 17 for a BB gun, according to police.