RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond Police responded to a shooting incident near Virginia Commonwealth University campus Monday night.
According to a VCU Alert sent out at 10 p.m., locals were asked to avoid the 300 block of W. Broad Street following reports of a shooting.
RPD said they found one person suffering from gunshot wounds at the scene. The adult victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Two additional victims showed up at a local hospital also suffering from non-life threatening gunshot wounds, police said.
At 10:55 p.m., VCU sent out another alert saying the situation was resolved. Richmond Police said they remained on the scene searching for potential witnesses and collecting evidence.
At this time, no suspect information is available.
The investigation is ongoing. If you have any information, police ask that you call Crime Stoppers at 804-780-1000.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- More EBT benefits going out in Virginia on Wednesday to help families of virtual learning students
- Coronavirus update: 7-day testing average down 1% since last week
- Popular YouTuber says he fired ‘warning shot’ after man showed up at his door in Arkansas
- Put on the spot over white supremacy, President Trump tells Proud Boys to ‘stand by’
- Kentucky AG asks for delay in release of Breonna Taylor grand jury recordings