RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond Police responded to a shooting incident near Virginia Commonwealth University campus Monday night.
According to a VCU Alert sent out at 10 p.m., locals were asked to avoid the 300 block of W. Broad Street following reports of a shooting.
RPD said they found one person suffering from gunshot wounds at the scene. The adult victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Two additional victims showed up at a local hospital also suffering from non-life threatening gunshot wounds, police said.
At 10:55 p.m., VCU sent out another alert saying the situation was resolved. Richmond Police said they remained on the scene searching for potential witnesses and collecting evidence.
At this time, no suspect information is available.
The investigation is ongoing. If you have any information, police ask that you call Crime Stoppers at 804-780-1000.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- StormTracker 8: Toasty with PM clouds/storm
- Richmond Education Association calls for ‘virtual return’ ahead of RPS new school year
- Virginia sheriff’s deputy charged with fabricating report of being attacked on roadway
- POLICE: Four charged for killing 17-year-old in Henrico on July 7
- Maintenance worker saves several people after fire damages Richmond apartments