RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmonders looking to escape the heat with no other options can visit Richmond’s cooling stations today, August 11.
Richmond Social Services Marshall Plaza Building located at 900 E. Marshall Street and 4100 Hull Street will be open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. All citizens visiting the cooling stations must wear face coverings while in the building and stay six feet apart from others. Pets, with the exception of service animals, are not allowed.
For more information regarding cooling assistance services, people should contact the city’s Department of Social Services Fuel Assistance Office at 804-646-7046. Elderly residents with cooling related issues should contact Adult Services at 804-646-7367.
- Highland Springs’ Billy Kemp growing into major role as junior at Virginia
- Town hall held for inmates to voice COVID-19 concerns in jails
- Emiliano Terzaghi scores twice, Richmond Kickers defeat Fort Lauderdale CF, 2-1
- 3 arrested after man fatally run over by own van while trying to stop vehicle theft
- Veterans will ride 20 horses for 20 miles to raise suicide awareness