RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Starting Thursday, the Richmond Flying Squirrels will be offering movie nights at The Diamond!
The first movie is “Field of Dreams” at 7:05 p.m. on Thursday, Jul. 9. Tickets are $8 a person and free for children 3 years old and younger. The second is “The Incredible” which begins at 6:05 p.m. on Saturday, Jul. 11.
Without a season on the books, the Flying Squirrels are offering this new series to survive the pandemic.
“We’re a small business, but because we’re a high profile business I feel like sometimes people feel like we’re sitting on a pot of gold. I’m here to tell you we’re not, Vice President and COO Todd “Parney” Parnell told 8News.
To abide by social distancing guidelines, crews have painted 10 x 10, sits four people, and 10 x 20, seats up to eight people, spaces for guests to sit in. Guests should bring blankets or pillows to sit on, but chairs will not be allowed.
Guests are encouraged to follow safety protocols, like wearing a face mask and following social distancing guidelines.
You can buy tickets online here. The movie nights will happen every Thursday and Saturday.
Concessions will be available for preorder here, and will be ready for pick up at Rosie’s Bistro at the Bullpen, located on the right side of the stadium. During the screenings, there will be a stand that only sells beverages and will only accept credit card payments.
- Viewers’ Guide: Trump, Biden meet in Ohio for 1st debate
- Study: Moderna coronavirus vaccine appears safe, shows signs of working in older adults
- Tracking the Tropics: Hearing from a hurricane chaser & a look back at Hurricane Laura
- Dolly Parton announces release date for Netflix Christmas movie
- Will Trump say ‘fake news’ or ‘China’ more?: Sportsbooks offer bets for presidential debate