RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia Commonwealth University and the Richmond Flying Squirrels are teaming up with Richmond Public Schools to host its third annual backpack and school supply drive Wednesday.
From 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., locals can drop by the Diamond and donate school supplies, including PPE, for children in need. The goal is to receive enough supplies for more than 15,000 students in the area.
The Ultimate Backpack Supply Drive program is designed to provide students with brand new backpacks filled with school supplies, free of charge, in the local community to ensure students start their school year on the right foot.
The following supplies can be donated:
- Laptop sleeves
- Loose-leaf paper
- Black and blue pens
- 1 and 3-inch binders
- #2 pencils
- Composition notebooks
- Glue sticks
- Index cards
- Colored pencils
The Diamond is located at 3001 N. Arthur Ashe Blvd., in Richmond,.
- Williams, Curry help VCU beat cold-shooting Memphis 70-59
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- CDC sets meeting on allocation of COVID-19 vaccine
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- WATCH: Cute critters play with some pumpkins donated to the Mill Mountain Zoo in Roanoke