RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond police are investigating a shooting that left a child injured on the city’s Southside.
It happened on Joplin Avenue around 12:30 a.m.Tuesday. Officers were in the area when they heard gunshots.
They went into a home on Joplin Avenue and found a girl with a gunshot wound. She was rushed to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police haven’t been able to release any suspect information this morning.
Officers, the Forensics Unit and detectives from Major Crimes urge anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000 or at www.7801000.com.
- 8 arrested, including L.A. mother and her 4 children, for allegedly stealing $1.1 million in unemployment benefits fraud scheme
- Body discovered in Ashland Walmart parking lot
- Good Samaritans seriously hurt after being hit on I-95 while helping man change tire
- Kroger in Chesterfield evacuated after fire sets off sprinkler system
- Virginia Department of Veterans Services accepting in-person appointments at select offices