RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A silent protest was held in Richmond Thursday night in memory of Marcus David Peters.
Peters was shot and killed on May 14, 2018, after he ran naked onto Interstate-95 and “charged aggressively” toward a responding police officer. Protesters began the night at a shrine that paid respect to Peters and continued into the night with peaceful demonstrations.
Since Peter’s death, his family has pushed for the Marcus Alert, which advocates for the intervention in mental health situations
- StormTracker 8: Scattered thunderstorms; possible flash flooding
- Buildings damaged, glass shattered after protests in Richmond turn violent
- Goochland County School Board votes for virtual reopening plan
- Powhatan school board approves Confederate flag ban
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August