RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond Police are investigating two shootings and a stabbing that happened early Sunday morning. All three incidents occurred in less than three hours.
12:20 a.m. Sunday, August 9
Officers say two people were shot on 5800 Berrywood Drive in the city’s southside. Police said they found an adult and a teen with gunshot wounds. They were both taken to a local hospital for treatment. The teen suffered a life-threatening injury.
1:45 a.m. Sunday, August 9
One person was stabbed in a nearby incident on the 3000 block of Broad Rock Boulevard. When officers arrived they found a man with stab wounds. He was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. No suspect information is available at this time.
2:25 a.m. Sunday, August 9
Another teen was shot on Front Street and Enslow Avenue in the city’s northside. The teen suffered non-life threatening injuries. No suspect info is available at this time.
Anyone with information regarding these incidents should call Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000 or use the P3 smartphone app.
- Football Hall of Famer Gale Sayers dies at 77
- StormTracker 8: Smokey skies today; rain by Friday
- Teen pulled from James River following police chase on I-95 identified
- Water main break closes down part of Gaskins Road
- Watch: Bear cub tries to get into Colorado home