RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Richmond Police Department has identified the victim in last week’s fatal shooting on Hull Street.
The victim has been identified as Nicholas Yarborough, a man in his twenties.
At 11:17 a.m. on Nov. 11, officers responded to the 3000 block of Hull Street near E. Broad Rock Road for reports of a shooting in the area. When they arrived, authorities found Yarborough, in the front yard of a structure suffering from an apparent gunshot wound.
According to police, Yarborough, was pronounced dead at the scene. They added a medical examiner will determine the cause and manner of death.
“Hull Street is a major thoroughfare and detectives ask anyone who may have seen anything suspicious this morning in that Hull Street area, near the intersection of Broad Rock Road, to contact detectives,” James Mercante, a Richmond police spokesman, said in a release.
Anyone with information is asked to call Major Crimes Detective A. Darnell at (804) 646-3927 or Crime Stoppers at 804-780-1000. The P3 Tips Crime Stoppers app for smartphones also may be used.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- The Prince William Police Department said they have arrested a religious tutor for exposing himself to and physically abusing children.
- At'Taysiah Dye went missing in January and was found dead last week. Today her mother was surrounded by family, visibly shaken as she asked anyone with information to come forward.
- The Stafford County Sheriff's Office said they have charged a man with credit card fraud after he was arrested for another unrelated crime.
- The Petersburg Police Department arrested and charged a woman in connection to a shots fired incident reported on May 28, 2020.
- What started as an afternoon traffic stop has escalated into a multiple death investigations in Stanley, Virginia. A Town of Stanley Police Officer was shot and killed on Feb. 26 and later that same day the man who shot him was killed by Page County Sheriff's Deputies.
- A trail of texts, social media messages, eyewitness accounts and a recorded phone conversation led police to the 17-year-old accused in the stabbing death of a 19-year-old during a fight in east Austin, Texas last month.
- A 16-year-old has been arrested in connection to a deadly shooting on July 29, 2020. The teen, brought into custody on Monday, was charged with manslaughter.
- The Richmond Police Department is investing the death of one man following a shooting on N. 26th Street.
- Richmond police are looking for information from the public surrounding a homicide that took place Feb. 27 on St. Paul Street.
- "Everyone in this family is devastated," his father, Eric Oakes said. "He is all we had. He is everything we had in our life. We had one child, he's a lovely kid. He just totally enjoyed life."