RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Richmond Police Department has identified the victim in last week’s fatal shooting on Hull Street.
The victim has been identified as Nicholas Yarborough, a man in his twenties.
At 11:17 a.m. on Nov. 11, officers responded to the 3000 block of Hull Street near E. Broad Rock Road for reports of a shooting in the area. When they arrived, authorities found Yarborough, in the front yard of a structure suffering from an apparent gunshot wound.
According to police, Yarborough, was pronounced dead at the scene. They added a medical examiner will determine the cause and manner of death.
“Hull Street is a major thoroughfare and detectives ask anyone who may have seen anything suspicious this morning in that Hull Street area, near the intersection of Broad Rock Road, to contact detectives,” James Mercante, a Richmond police spokesman, said in a release.
Anyone with information is asked to call Major Crimes Detective A. Darnell at (804) 646-3927 or Crime Stoppers at 804-780-1000. The P3 Tips Crime Stoppers app for smartphones also may be used.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- Five people are wanted for using counterfeit bills to make purchases at a Walmart.
- A Publix in Chesterfield County is the latest grocery store to be robbed in RVA since Saturday.
- Several high-end grocery stores were robbed in Richmond and Henrico County over the last week.
- Virginia State Police is heading an officer-involved shooting investigation after a deputy was shot four times in Rockingham County.
- EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) — U.S. Border Patrol agents found two undocumented immigrants hidden in the trunk of a small car on Saturday at a checkpoint in California, according to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection news release.
- Police are looking for Lamar Shermon Hill, 36, who is wanted for the attempted murder of a police officer. Police say Hill is considered armed and dangerous.
- Richmond Police are investigating a shooting that claimed the life of Chae’Meshia Simms, a transgender woman in her 30’s.
- The Trader Joe's in the Stony Point Shopping Center was robbed at gunpoint on Monday, according to the Richmond Police Department.
- The U.S. government now plans to execute the first female inmate in almost six decades just days before President-elect Joe Biden, an opponent of the death penalty, takes office.
- The latest crime statistics show violent crime is on the rise across the country, with murders up dramatically in America’s three largest cities.