RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia Commonwealth University said Thursday that power outages in Richmond have left multiple university buildings without power, forcing them to be evacuated and closed for the rest of the day.
The university alerted students and staff that the Trani Life Sciences Building, Oliver Education and Science Wing will be closed and to avoid the area.
VCU is reporting that the power should be restored between 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. Friday.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- High school softball player hits for the cycle twice, pitches no-hitter in doubleheader
- What does new mask guidance mean for unvaccinated kids and their parents?
- California homes selling at ‘fastest pace ever’ as median price hits $800K for first time
- Missed the deadline to file taxes? Here’s what it’s going to cost you
- Teen mom faces murder charges in death of 7-month-old son, police say