RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia Commonwealth University said Thursday that power outages in Richmond have left multiple university buildings without power, forcing them to be evacuated and closed for the rest of the day.
The university alerted students and staff that the Trani Life Sciences Building, Oliver Education and Science Wing will be closed and to avoid the area.
VCU is reporting that the power should be restored between 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. Friday.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- President Trump signs executive orders to ban TikTok, WeChat in 45 days
- Texas father saves 4-year-old daughter from nearly 12-foot alligator
- 13-year-old driving on grandmother’s lap says he tried to brake before hitting 5 people
- 9-year-old Florida boy saves dad who fractured neck in diving accident
- Lawmakers try to find ways to slow spread of COVID-19 amid spike in cases