RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Team members from VCU Health collectively took a knee against racism and in support of black lives on Friday.
VCU Health posted a photo on their Facebook page showing nurses, doctors, and various medical professionals kneeling in support while holding signs such as, “White Coats for Black Lives.”
The post reads in part: “We stand with them as we recognize the troubles of our past, the need to do more now, and affirm our unwavering commitment to serve all people who rely on us for their health and well-being.”
The post has gotten nearly 660 shares and is one of many medical campuses around the world joining the fight against racial injustice.
- Crater Health District reports substantial community spread of coronavirus
- Third group of Chesterfield students start in-person learning today
- StormTracker 8: Patchy dense fog to start off the week
- The Latest: May in control in 7th after relieving Kershaw
- Election 2020 FAQ: How are absentee ballots counted?