RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia Union University and 8News will team up to host a Richmond Mayoral Candidate debate on Thursday, Sept. 24.
Former Virginia governor and VUU alum, L. Douglas Wilder and 8News anchor Juan Conde will moderate the two-hour debate. Topics discussed will include the voting process amid a pandemic, race and the removal of Confederate statues throughout the city.
A weblink to submit questions will be announced at a later date.
8News will broadcast the event on ABC 8 from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. The full broadcast will be streamed on www.wric.com and VUU’s Facebook page.
The event is free and open to the public.
- Hopewell police searching for suspect who shot into victim’s vehicle while driving
- StormTracker8: Showers and storms on tap for the next few days
- Two teenagers arrested in connection to Chesterfield shooting at Cultural Center of India party
- Man to face charges after police pursuit starts in Maryland, ends in crash in Virginia
- Virginia State Police still investigating Interstate 95 shooting that took one to hospital, gunman still at large