Shed catches on fire in Colonial Heights

Local News

COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Va. (WRIC) — Colonial Heights and Chesterfield Fire crews put out a shed fire early Monday morning.

Colonial Heights Deputy Fire Marshall J.E. Boisseau said fire crews were called to the 200 block of Battery Place for a brush fire. When firefighters arrived they found a storage shed on fire.

“The storage shed was on the property of a multifamily housing unit to be used by the individual tenants,” Deputy Boisseau said. 

Units from Chesterfield were called to assist. The shed and everything in it was completely destroyed by the fire. Authorities said no one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.

“The cause of the fire was improperly installed and damaged electrical wiring,” Deputy Boisseau said. “Estimated total damage is about $5,500.”

Stay with 8News for updates.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

StormTracker 8

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Local Events