STAFFORD, Va. (WRIC) — Detectives with the Stafford County Sheriff’s Office arrested two wanted suspects on Wednesday.
Officers followed a lead on the location of Cornelle Parker, 35, of Dumfries, who was wanted for violating conditions of his release, and observed Parker’s vehicle in the parking lot of 28 South Gateway Drive.
Parker was detained by deputies, and the driver of the vehicle, Meredith Williams, 31, of Stafford was also wanted on a warrant for failure to appear. Williams was found in possession of a controlled substance.
A search of the vehicle by deputies found pre-packaged baggies containing controlled substances, a digital scale and drug paraphernalia. Both Parker and Williams were charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, possession of a controlled substance and conspiracy to commit a narcotics violation.
Both Parker and Williams are being held without bond at the Rappahannock Regional Jail.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A trail of texts, social media messages, eyewitness accounts and a recorded phone conversation led police to the 17-year-old accused in the stabbing death of a 19-year-old during a fight in east Austin, Texas last month.
- A 16-year-old has been arrested in connection to a deadly shooting on July 29, 2020. The teen, brought into custody on Monday, was charged with manslaughter.
- The Richmond Police Department is investing the death of one man following a shooting on N. 26th Street.
- Richmond police are looking for information from the public surrounding a homicide that took place Feb. 27 on St. Paul Street.
- "Everyone in this family is devastated," his father, Eric Oakes said. "He is all we had. He is everything we had in our life. We had one child, he's a lovely kid. He just totally enjoyed life."
- 30-year-old Justin Thomas Regensburg is facing new charges out of King William County after being arrested for a fatal hit-and-run crash that killed Henrico Police Captain Donald L. Lambert Jr.
- A 30-year-old man has been arrested linked to the hit-and-run of a Henrico County Police officer.
- According to Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office records, 35-year-old John Shallerhorn was arrested for first degree murder of a police officer.
- The Virginia Commonwealth University chapter of Delta Chi has been suspended following the death of an 18-year-old freshman.
- Police say a 29-year-old man was pronounced dead following a shooting Sunday morning — the second person to die by gunfire in that complex in less than 12 hours.