PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — Two men are behind bars Tuesday night after a showdown with Petersburg police.
According to a release, officers responded to the 200 block of Halifax Street where two men forced entry into a neighboring church. Police said once inside, the suspects damaged property.
Police began negotiating with the barricaded pair, with one man, identified as Markel McLaughlin, eventually surrendering without incident.
The second man, Karim Jackson, of Richmond, was later taken into custody without incident as well.
Both face burglary and destruction of property charges.
- Sportsbooks call audibles due to COVID-19 in NFL
- Navy vet’s ‘sense of activism changed’ since beating by feds
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- Here’s why Biden and Trump are laser focused on fracking
- Biden campaign launches ‘TrumpCovidPlan.com’ — a site that reads ‘Not Found’