HOPEWELL, Va. (WRIC) — Police in Hopewell have arrested and charged a 20-year-old with murder in connection with a recent shooting in the city.
The shooting occurred Sunday night in the 300 block of Ramsey Avenue. When officers arrived, they found 46-year-old Christopher Shawn Barron with life-threatening injuries. He later died at the scene.
On Friday, police announced that 20-year-old Nathaniel Romeo Arrington, of Hopewell, was arrested by members of the U.S. Marshal’s Fugitive Task. He’s been charged with second degree murder and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Police did not release a possible motive in the shooting.
“The U.S. Marshal’s Fugitive Task Force, of which the Hopewell Police Department is a member, has proven again to be a valuable asset in locating and apprehending fugitives”, said Chief of Police Kamran Afzal.
- Mexico confirms first 2 cases of coronavirus
- StormTracker 8: Early Sunshine; Spotty Afternoon Showers
- ENTER TO WIN: Basketball Madness
- Virginia bakery stencils current, historical figures on bread each day of Black History Month
- ‘Richmond’s Black Restaurant Experience’ brings together Richmond’s culture and cuisine