HOPEWELL, Va. (WRIC) — Police in Hopewell have arrested and charged a 20-year-old with murder in connection with a recent shooting in the city.
The shooting occurred Sunday night in the 300 block of Ramsey Avenue. When officers arrived, they found 46-year-old Christopher Shawn Barron with life-threatening injuries. He later died at the scene.
On Friday, police announced that 20-year-old Nathaniel Romeo Arrington, of Hopewell, was arrested by members of the U.S. Marshal’s Fugitive Task. He’s been charged with second degree murder and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Police did not release a possible motive in the shooting.
“The U.S. Marshal’s Fugitive Task Force, of which the Hopewell Police Department is a member, has proven again to be a valuable asset in locating and apprehending fugitives”, said Chief of Police Kamran Afzal.
- A 1,098-carat diamond found in Botswana is third largest ever mined
- Henrico schools offering free summer meals to students in person and for pickup
- Juneteenth colors and its meaning behind the federal holiday
- Victoria’s Secret says goodbye to Angels, hires Megan Rapinoe, Priyanka Chopra as ambassadors
- Almost 60 percent of adults in Virginia fully vaccinated for COVID-19