PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — Even though the school year has officially ended in Petersburg, students will still be able to get meals throughout the summer.
Petersburg City Public Schools are offering free meals to anyone 18 years and younger at sites across the city.
Sites that are serving breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday are:
- AGAPE (233 S. Adams St., Petersburg, VA 23803) will serve breakfast 8-9 a.m. and lunch noon-1 p.m. June 24-July 26.
- Boys and Girls Club (816 E. Bank St., Petersburg, VA 23803) will serve breakfast 8-9 a.m. and lunch noon-1 p.m. June 24-Aug. 2.
Sites that are serving breakfast and lunch Monday through Thursday are:
- Vernon Johns Middle School (3101 Homestead Drive, Petersburg, VA 23805) will serve breakfast 7:30-8:15 a.m. and lunch 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. June 24-July 31.
- Cool Spring Elementary School (1450 Talley Ave., Petersburg, VA 23803) will serve breakfast 8:15-8:45 a.m. and lunch noon-1:30 p.m. June 24-July 31.
- Petersburg Parks and Recreation (51 Gibbons Ave., Petersburg, VA 23803) will serve breakfast at 8-9 a.m. and lunch at noon-1 p.m. June 24-Aug. 15.
Groceries will be available on Thursdays at the following:
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church(228 Halifax St., Petersburg, VA 23803) will provide bags of groceries to take home 4-6 p.m. on these Thursdays: June 20, June 27, July 11, July 18, July 25, Aug. 1, Aug. 8, Aug. 15, Aug. 22 and Aug. 29. Partners in the grocery giveaway are the Chesterfield Foodbank and Communities In Schools of Petersburg.
Summer meals are open to all children, and no paperwork or proof of income is necessary. To find out which site is the closest to your location, you can text FOOD to 877-877, and a list of meal sites and operating hours will be provided.