PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — Authorities are investigating in Petersburg after a person was shot on Monday.
It happened around 7:30 p.m.
According to a Facebook post from Petersburg police, investigators are in the 300 block of St. Mark Street after an unidentified victim was shot in the area.
Police later told 8News the victim was shot in the leg and is suffering from non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said the victim was taken to a local hospital.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- Washington Huddle week 3 with Bruce Rader and Scott Jackson
- Richmond’s eviction problem and what’s being done about it
- House passes bill aimed to bolster federal stockpile of medical equipment for future use
- Condom recycling operation raided in Vietnam