No injuries after Hopewell Burger King catches fire

The Tri-Cities

HOPEWELL, Va. (WRIC) — No one was injured after a Burger King in Hopewell caught fire Thursday morning. 

Hopewell Fire Chief Donny Hunter told 8News that crews were called to the fast-food restaurant off Oaklawn Boulevard at around 11:30 a.m. 

Investigators say it appears mulch outside of the restaurant caught fire — possibly from a cigarette — and then spread up the side of the building. 

All employees and patrons who were inside at the time of the fire made it out safely.

Hunter said the restaurant sustained ‘extensive’ smoke damage and will likely be closed the next few days.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

StormTracker 8

Trending Stories

More Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Local Events