PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — The City of Petersburg hosted a groundbreaking ceremony for a new park and ride facility. The latest development aims to increase travel accessibility through the Tri-Cities.
The park was funded entirely through the Commonwealth’s Smart Scale.
The new park and ride facility will cover 76, 500 square feet and will have up to 215 parking spaces.
The facility will be located next to the Petersburg Area Transit Station. Construction is slated to begin in December 2020 with an estimated completion date in 2023.
- Amazon reveals over 19,000 workers got COVID-19
- LIVE: US House to begin voting on $2.2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill; no bipartisan deal reached yet
- Chicken parts take their final flight… across Staples Mill Road
- Father of man accused in Louisa vape shop drug raid speaks out against son: ‘I would have thrown him under the bus’
- A conversation with Sen. Mark Warner on COVID-19, a second stimulus package, health care and his race against Daniel Gade