PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — The City of Petersburg hosted a groundbreaking ceremony for a new park and ride facility. The latest development aims to increase travel accessibility through the Tri-Cities.
The park was funded entirely through the Commonwealth’s Smart Scale.
The new park and ride facility will cover 76, 500 square feet and will have up to 215 parking spaces.
The facility will be located next to the Petersburg Area Transit Station. Construction is slated to begin in December 2020 with an estimated completion date in 2023.
- Cruz joins call for Biden to fix breaches in border levee before hurricane season in South Texas
- Chesterfield Police arrest, fire officer for soliciting photos from 17-year-old
- Richmond police looking for missing man in need of medication
- Memorial Regional Medical Center reports uptick in ER patients, fewer COVID cases thanks to vaccines
- Conductor acusado de DUI en accidente fatal en Warwick Road