A Petersburg man is being held without bond for allegedly threatening to ‘shoot up’ Cool Spring Elementary School.
Police said they responded to the school, located on Talley Avenue, after the threat was made at around 9:30 a.m. Friday.
Their investigation determined the threat was made by 39-year-old Anthony Queen, of Petersburg. He was located at his residence and taken into custody without incident, according to police.
Queen is being held at Riverside Regional Jail.
“At no time were the students of Cool Springs Elementary School in any danger,” police said in a release. “The Petersburg Bureau of Police had officers deployed to the school immediately upon being notified of the threat to ensure the safety and welfare of the children.”
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- WATCH: Cute critters play with some pumpkins donated to the Mill Mountain Zoo in Roanoke
- Suspect arrested for two grocery store robberies in Henrico County
- Book, defense help No. 2 Notre Dame beat No. 25 UNC 31-17
- 232 inmates at Chesapeake Correctional Center positive for coronavirus; special COVID-19 unit opened