PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — A Petersburg man is thanking the rain after winning more than $158,000 from the Virginia Lottery.
Garland Harrison was outside when he was ambushed by heavy rainfall, causing him to take cover in a nearby store in the 5800 block of Boydton Plank Road. While there, he bought a Print ‘n Play Rolling Jacket ticket.
“Wait a minute, this is something big!” exclaimed Harrison, who after getting home and drying off, discovering that he was $158,377 richer.
“It feels good to win,” Harrison told Lottery officials as he claimed his prize. He said he has no immediate plans for his winnings.
- Powhatan woman sentenced to prison for torture and killing of puppy
- Coronavirus update: Virginia reports more than 1,000 new COVID-19 cases
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate preparations; FBI announces possible election interference
- Police seek possible subject in Tarrington Riverfront Park paddle board theft
- 787,000 Americans filed for unemployment last week