PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — Police say a 21-year-old man was killed in a shooting in the city of Petersburg Friday night.
At about 5:50 p.m., officers were called to the 1400 block of Oakdale Avenue for a report of a person shot. At the scene, officers found Hakim Browder, of Petersburg, who had been shot. He was taken to the hospital where he later died.
Police are still investigating his death. Anyone with information is asked to contact Petersburg/Dinwiddie Crime Solvers at 804-861-1212, download the P3tips app, or go to P3tips.com.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- StormTracker8: Spotty afternoon showers
- Four officers who defended U.S. Capitol during Jan. 6 attack have died by suicide
- Hopewell schools offering excused absences for parents keeping kids home following COVID cases
- Timeline, construction details for new George Wythe High School remain unknown and unsettled after school board vote
- Richmond school board approves plan for federal relief spending, changes to high school bell schedule