PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — A ‘severe shortage’ of drivers is causing issues with school bus routes in Petersburg.
In a letter to parents and families, Petersburg City Public Schools apologized for the inconvenience that many families are experiencing as the shortage has forced some bus routes to change.
“Some bus routes have been on-time and some have not,” the school district said. ” Currently, we have a severe shortage of bus drivers, and that has been the cause for most of our bus issues.”
“We apologize for any inconvenience that you or your child(ren) may have faced due to issues with the buses.”Petersburg City Public Schools
The school district said it has ‘immediate openings’ for drivers and is asking who may be interested to contact the transportation office at 804-862-9058.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding as we work through these transportation issues.”Petersburg City Public Schools
- Gov. Ralph Northam provides health update from home while recovering from COVID-19 with his wife
- With little movement on new stimulus checks in US, here’s what other countries have done
- Stoney proposes using 53 parcels of city property for affordable housing
- Bank robbery suspect arrested in Chesterfield
- More products added to FDA hand sanitizer recall list