PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — A teen who was struck by a vehicle Thursday morning in Petersburg was sent to the hospital with serious injuries.
According to police, a 14-year-old female attempted to cross the roadway in the 1000 block of S. Crater Road at 7 a.m. when she was hit by a vehicle. The teen suffered serious injuries and was taken to the hospital for treatment.
An investigation is underway.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- Bullets pierced Henrico home with people inside, officers say
- No. 6 Florida State rallies past No. 11 Louisville 82-67
- Police: Argument led to aggravated assault, stabbing in Richmond
- Juvenile shot in Richmond, suffers minor injuries
- Dead body found by man clearing brush in Richmond, police say