Fire causes $40K in damages to Colonial Heights home

The Tri-Cities

No one was injured after a home in Colonial Heights went up in flames Tuesday morning.

Crews were called to the home in the 300 block of James Avenue shortly before 10:30 a.m. and found a single-family house with heavy smoke and flames pouring from the rear.

It took crews approximately 15 minutes to mark the incident under control. A spokesperson for Colonial Heights said the occupants were able to escape safely and are being assisted by Red Cross.

Investigators ruled the fire accidental and determined that a possible electrical failure sparked the blaze.

8News has a crew headed to the scene. Check back for updates.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

StormTracker 8

Trending Stories

More Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Local Events