LOUISA COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A 44-year-old man was hurt in a single-vehicle crash Wednesday morning in Louisa County.
Walter Scott, of South Carolina, was traveling on James Madison Highway in his Freighliner hauling bags of wood pellets when he went off the road and overturned, Virginia State Police said. The tractor-trailer driver struck a tree and utility pole.
According to state police, the driver was wearing his seatbelt and was checked at the scene.
Scott was charged with reckless driving and failure to maintain control.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Former NC State national champion Coleman Stewart earns TYR Pro Swim Series victory
- Vanecek makes 30 saves in NHL debut, Capitals sweep Sabres
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- HHS Secretary Azar ‘still serving the American people’ as he submits resignation effective Jan. 20