RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Virginia Department of Transportation announced it has resumed full-service manned tolls on the Powhite Parkway Extension and George P. Coleman Memorial Bridge.
VDOT said it resumed cash-exchange service at these tolls because of a recent increase in traffic volume resulting from the region entering Phase Two of reopening.
Here are the steps they are taking to keep employees safe:
- These toll booths have had transparent barriers installed at collection windows to separate employees and drivers
- Workers have been given face masks, gloves and hand sanitizer.
- Additional cleaning procedures have been implemented.
However, VDOT still recommends drivers use electronic toll payment methods, like E-ZPass, to reduce person to person contact.
- 11-year-old girl, her father shot to death in dog dispute with neighbor in Florida, police say
- Officer told George Floyd: ‘It takes … a lot of oxygen to talk’
- Destination Vacation: Colonial Williamsburg
- CAREN Act: San Francisco ordinance would charge Karens who call 911 over racial bias
- Personal protective gear for medical workers begins to run low again