DINWIDDIE COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia State Police identified 59-year-old Terry L. Adams of Trinity, North Carolina as the driver in a fatal vehicle accident in Dinwiddie County. Adams was wearing his seatbelt.
Police said at 12:07 a.m. Sept. 26, troopers responded to a single-vehicle crash.
According to the report, a tractor-trailer traveling north on I-85 swerved to avoid hitting a downed tree in the travel lane at mile marker 48. The tractor-trailer ran off the interstate, struck a guardrail and then a tree.
VSP added another tractor-trailer hit that same tree, but no one was injured in the second crash.
This is a breaking story, stay with 8News for updates.
- Education company begins installing full-size T-Rex recreation
- RPD investigating life-threatening shooting in Randolph neighborhood
- Mother of 4 beaten to death while working at Florida motel; husband finds her left for dead
- Henrico schools planning for students to attend in-person full-time this fall
- Man in custody after police find female assault victim on East Broad Rock Road