CHESTERFIELD, Va. (WRIC) — Early voting was expanded across much of the commonwealth last year in an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19 and increase access to the ballot box.
And residents of Chesterfield will be able to take advantage of early voting again this year, as Virginia gears up for a contentious governor’s race.
Residents can head to the general registrar’s office at 9848 Lori Road right now through October 30, at the following times:
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 23 and 30, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct 24, 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Don’t want to drive all the way to the registrar’s office? Never fear – the county will also operate satellite locations from Oct. 18 – 29, Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., as well as Saturday, Oct. 23, and Saturday, Oct. 30, from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Satellite lprecincts will be open at the following locations:
- LaPrade Library – 9000 Hull Street Road
- Meadowdale Library – 4301 Meadowdale Blvd
- North Courthouse Road Library – 325 Courthouse Road
- Ettrick-Matoaca Library – 4501 River Road
- Clover Hill Library – 6701 Deer Run Drive
Ballot dropboxes will also be available at all satellite locations, and at polls on election day.