MOORESVILLE, N.C. (WJW) — Lowe’s is partnering with local flower shops and Uber to deliver $1 million worth of flower baskets to more than 500 long-term care and senior facilities for Mother’s Day.
The company says it will make the donations in several cities across the country.
“Mother’s Day is a special time of celebration between mothers, grandmothers and their children, and our hearts go out to the millions of families nationwide who won’t be able to be with their loved ones this year,” said Marisa Thalberg, Lowe’s executive vice president, chief brand and marketing officer. “We hope that these flower deliveries, made possible by our network of local nurseries, will bring a spark of joy to the moms and grandmothers in senior housing who may feel alone this Mother’s Day.”
- Crash causes backup near James River Bridge
- The cost of Covid-19 hospital care and surprise bills
- 10-year-old girl donates 150 art kits in Goochland through her non-profit
- ‘It’s not an easy fight’: Hauling company uses trucks to bring positivity to those battling diseases
- Denny Hamlin, Michael Jordan’s 23XI Racing to partner with Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota