VIRGINIA (WAVY) — The Department of Defense announced Saturday that an airman with the U.S. Air Force, who was supporting Operation Freedom’s Sentinel, was killed Friday.
The DOD statement released says that Captain Kelliann Leli, 30, of New Jersey, died Nov. 27 in a “non-combat related vehicle incident” at Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates.
Leli was assigned to the 60th Healthcare Operations Squadron at Travis Air Force Base in California.
Officials with the department say the cause of the incident is under investigation.
Read the full statement here.
- Rhode Island doctor accused of ‘recklessly’ exposing patients, staff to COVID-19
- StormTracker 8: Increasing clouds today with scattered showers
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Former NC State national champion Coleman Stewart earns TYR Pro Swim Series victory
- Vanecek makes 30 saves in NHL debut, Capitals sweep Sabres