(WRIC) — Some US military bases could soon be changing their names.
The US Army says it is open to considering “the removal of Confederate names” from bases. This act could see Army bases including “Fort Lee and AP Hill” in Virginia be soon be renamed.
Just last week, the US Marine Corps announced the removal of all public displays of the Confederate flag from bases.
- Louisa man gets 10-year sentence for drugs, guns possession
- Senate Republicans ramp up support for Barrett confirmation ahead of first vote
- Army veteran, former high school athlete coaches perseverance
- Lawmakers hope final presidential debate has more meaning
- Louisa deputies warn of pets left in cold weather after cockatiel found abandoned