RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Virginia War Memorial announced that it will commemorate Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day with a special livestream program and documentary screening.
The movie, Virginians at War, is a historical documentary about Virginians who witnessed the surprise attack on Dec. 7, 1941. Before the film, Memorial Director Dr. Clay Mountcastle and Education Director Jim Triesler will speak to the historical context of the events that took place.
This event will be livestreamed on social media and is free to view, however, pre-registration is encouraged.
Because of coronavirus restrictions, there will be no live Pearl Harbor Day Remembrance Day ceremony held at the memorial this year.
The livestream will be from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Dec. 7. You can find more information about the event and register online here.
- VIDEO: Protestors gather outside of RPD on Friday night
- 1 dead, 2 critical after bus bound for Grand Canyon rolls over
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- Ohio family grateful for pardon from President Trump