HANOVER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The Hanover County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that missing 14-year-old Isabel Hicks and her suspected abductor, 33-year-old Bruce Lynch, were spotted in Hanover County, Monday night.
The pair was reportedly spotted in the Montpelier area of the County, in the vicinity of the 14000 block of Clazemont Road, shortly after 9 p.m. They reportedly approached a home in the area, and the person inside alerted police.
Police approached the home where the call came from but were unable to locate either subject, both of whom were said to be wearing camo or dark clothing. Authorities also said that Lynch had shaved his face.
VIDEO: Authorities held a press briefing Tuesday evening on the sighting of Isabel Hicks, the missing 14-year-old from Louisa, in Hanover County.
LIVE UPDATE: Delaney Hall briefed by authorities
Authorities from Hanover, Louisa, Virginia State Police and the FBI, as well as K9 and tactical teams, have set up a half-mile perimeter around Clazemont Road.
Lynch are Hicks are still believed to be traveling in a 2003 Toyota Matrix.
Media were being asked to stay a few miles away in a Food Lion parking lot.
The Louisa and Hanover County sheriff’s offices said around 4 a.m. that they would be scaling back operations for the night, and they would come back out to search when the sun comes up.
A nationwide Amber Alert was issued Monday for Hicks after disappearing from her Louisa County home October 21.
This is a developing story. Be sure to stay with 8News for updates.
- Authorities hold press conference on missing Louisa teen: ‘Our efforts will not stop’
- Authorities: Missing Louisa teen, suspect could be in West Virginia
- Family pleads for missing Louisa teen’s safe return as search continues
- Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded in Connecticut
- StormTracker 8: Muggy tonight, hot and humid Sunday
- Kanye West says he’s running for president, Elon Musk supports
- Fourth of July festivities bring a chance to ‘enjoy the summer’ amid COVID-19 concerns
- Garage camera catches bear digging through trash bin in Chesterfield driveway