KNOTTS ISLAND, N.C. (WAVY) — Good news: Family members searching for a missing North Carolina man who left to go to Virginia Beach are relieved after State Police say he was located safely.
Family members said Donald Speakman was heading to the Virginia Beach area midday Tuesday and left the house without a cell phone. Virginia Beach Police put out a call for help finding Speakman Wednesday evening. Virginia State Police also issued a senior alert for Speakman, who they said suffers from cognitive impairment.
He was believed to be endangered.
On Thursday, Virginia State Police canceled the missing senior alert, adding that the elder was found safe.
- Driver sustains serious injuries after vehicle veers off Hanover County roadway
- Police respond to car flipped over in Richmond
- SEE: Bizarre, twisting skyscraper proposed for Manhattan
- Investigation underway after California man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine
- Chesterfield developing portal for COVID vaccine waitlist after confusion