WASHINGTON, D.C. (WRIC) — Rioters stormed the U.S. Capitol and entered the chamber floor Wednesday. The building went into lockdown mode and lawmakers were asked to wear gas masks or leave their offices.
The breach of the building occurred as Congress was debating the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory over President Donald Trump.
Here are photos of the chaos:
Jan. 7, 2021
- Union Presbyterian Seminary to require COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, staff this fall
- Crew-2 launch: When and how to watch NASA, SpaceX send crewed mission to ISS Friday
- Panel: End commanders’ power to block military sex cases
- Vitafusion recall: Select gummy vitamins, including kid’s melatonin, may contain metal mesh
- CDC investigating Oregon woman’s death after J&J vaccine